Your daily dose of updates from Pinoys in Taiwan and Philippines

1 year old girl is Oriental Mindoro's first COVID-19 patient


According to Governor Humerlito "Bonz" Dolor said on Friday, 1 year old girl became the first confirmed case of COVID-19 infection in Oriental Mindoro province. 


Dolor said swabs taken from the baby from Barangay Ilaya in Calapan City were among the eight samples processed by the Department of Health.

Dolor said he requested for a confirmatory test on the kid's sample, which the Department of Health accepted. Her guardians have also been tested for the disease, while contact tracing is being carried out by the provincial and city health office.

"Sa walong results, siya lang ang positive," Dolor said. seven others who tested negative were mostly senior citizens with age ranging from 55 to 84 years old.

Oriental Mindoro, a province in southwestern Luzon, is part of the month-long enhanced community quarantine imposed by President Rodrigo Duterte to contain the spread of the virus, which has infected 803 people in the country and led to 54 deaths. So far, 31 patients have recovered.
Share:

1 comment:

  1. the baby in the photo doesn't look like the real patient (who is a girl).
    make sure the photo is the correct one, otherwise this might put those people (in your post) in a very difficult situation lalo na pag may naka-kilala sa kanila.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive