Your daily dose of updates from Pinoys in Taiwan and Philippines

DILG distributed ₱3.4B cash aid to 3.4M beneficiaries in NCR

 


According to a Department of the Interior and Local Government official, 3.4 million Metro Manila citizens have received the latest round of lockdown subsidies.

 

Following the reimposition of the strengthened group quarantine in Metro Manila and four neighboring provinces to curb the COVID-19 surge, DILG Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya said local government units in the capital area have now disbursed 3.4 billion, according to a virtual briefing.

 

“In NCR, we are now at 31%, 3.4 million beneficiaries have been given assistance. Malaya said.

 

The Department of Social Welfare and Development's Secretary Rolando Bautista previously acknowledged that the subsidy rollout, which started on April 6, was "late." As of April 11, he added, just 8% of the allotted budget had been distributed to ECQ-affected households.

 

During a press conference on Thursday, Malaya, on the other hand, emphasized that the delivery of cash assistance has been accelerated. “Local government units have been working nonstop to provide the assistance from the national government.” He assured.

 

From March 29 to April11, Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal were under the strictest quarantine, causing many businesses to close or reduce their capacity.

Share:

No comments:

Post a comment

Popular Posts

Blog archive