Your daily dose of updates from Pinoys in Taiwan and Philippines

Easy ways to avail the refundable P550 Terminal Fee for OFWs

The P550 refundable fee is a program by the government as a benefit to Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) who are leaving the country for to work overseas. The steps to avail the terminal fee refund is relatively easy.

First, just bring and show your printed itinerary receipt and a valid ID in the refund booth or the MIAA office. Then, show Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC), your work permit or work visa or employment contract or any similar document signifying that you are employed overseas.

There are other airlines which has significant number of OFW have a dedicated booth at the departure waiting area where the OEC is surrendered in exchange of the terminal fee. OFW are officially recoded through the system of POEA.

Always take note of your flight time if there are long lines in the terminal fee refund booth or at the MIAA office. The MIAA office is open from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mondays to Fridays, except during holidays.

For those who are not OFW, you can also refund your unused terminal fee if you just missed your schedule flight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive